Thursday, May 20, 2010

Movin' on Over

I just can't let anything get left behind....


*Originally posted May 7*
A Few Things I've Noticed

It was a lot easier to pose the kid for pictures when he could barely sit and sure as hell wasn't going anywhere. Now that he's all over both, my pictures are of the top of his head, the side of his butt, the back of his hand, or just a general blur as he shoves himself out of view. So much for having perfect monthly pictures in identical outfits and poses. I should've known from the beginning that would be beyond my abilities...

On a completely different note, I watch a LOT of TV. Too much, but usually I am not paying that much attention to the actual screen. I just listen. Well, yesterday I was really watching and noticed that a lot of women have freckles/age spots on their chest and arms. No problem. The more the merrier. The problem lies in the makeup they use to cover up any trace of these skin constellations on the face. IT LOOKS WEIRD. Now I  notice on everyone and it drives me nuts. Yes, this is a minor thing but your face really should match the rest of your body.

*Originally posted April 30*
You Learned This in 3rd Grade

It's the English language. Learn how to use it. Oh wait, you DID learn how to use it. Even spent 12 plus years being taught one lesson at a time. Must have forgotten somewhere along the way. If you weren't born in the U.S. don't worry I'm not talking to you (although if you plan to stay here at least make an effort to learn the language). Hehe I just realized the people my disclaimer was written for probably can't read it anyway. Back to the point. This morning in The Wall Street Journal I was told that people want "the ability to let lose and cry". The journalist who wrote this didn't realize their mistake? Or the editor whose job is to find and correct? Maybe it's a secret contest and if I call in with the correction I win a free dictionary. I could have let this tiny (in the grand scheme of things) mistake slide had I not read the status update of a "friend" the other day stating she was "going loose it. Really going to loose it this time."

Feeling grammatically deficient? If you don't understand my complaint, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment