Saturday, March 26, 2011

Work work work work work....

I'm still at it. It's crazy, you'd think they'd let me go home, but I'm workin' (pun intended) on 72 straight hours at this desk. I've been living on trail mix and coffee. Cheap and energy efficient. My paycheck is going to be suh-weeeeeeeeeeeee-eeet.

Well that's obviously not true, but I've spent enough time here during a dead week to believe when you enter this building you also enter an alternate universe. My suspicions were confirmed a few minutes ago when upon checking the workplace e-mail I came across this gem in the in ol' inbox:

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.speedfox.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.

This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out."

Aside from the odd wording, I haven't been sending e-mails for them to be undeliverable. Am I out there in a paralell universe staying busy, working hard, and using my flashy typing fingers to jettison e-mails out to my adoring fans? (I am aware the end of that sentence may create facial tics immediately after reading, but my fingers are flashy and I DO have adoring fans. I know I DO. They are just in that other universe. Over there e-mails are regularly jettisoned as well. I looked it up in the dictionary and if you choose to question my word usage I hereby challenge you to a duel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment