Friday, March 25, 2011

Here Comes Peter Cottontail.....

You are only allowed to read this post if you sang along as you read the blog title.... with Easter pproaching I thought I'd mix things up and throw in a few good children's Easter books.

Here Comes Peter CottontailThe monster received this musical Here Comes Peter Cottontail book last year for Easter and it turned into a year round hit. It's a decent sized board book and when you open it up you're greeted with a (not annoying) instrumental rendition of the Peter Cottontail song. The music is nothing fancy like an orchestra, but it's not too loud, has no words, and the monster love love loves it. Those are three huge plusses in my book. (haha what book? the book I am slowly putting together of my rules that everyone should follow. pay attention) Another plus is that I always thought I knew the words but apparently I was leaving out the majority of the tune so now come Easter time I have more than just one line of "Here come Peter Cottontail hoppin' down the bunny trail/ Hippity hoppity Easter's on it's way". It doesn't end there, folks! (did I mention the monster loves this book?)


Guess How Much I Love YouSo last year I had a private discussion with the Easter bunny and requested every year he leave a special book in the monster's basket. (you should do this too, he was happy to oblige) Guess How Much I Love You was the first Easter book and if you haven't read it, go buy it. Now. And I dare you to read it with out (almost) crying. It's so goshdarn sweet it took me a solid 20 reads to get ahold of myself at the end. There are even plush little nut brown hares you can get to accompany the book and other books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment