Wednesday, August 18, 2010

An Extra Word on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

So it's come to my attention that several (as in enough that it was discussed on the Today Show) people have had trouble getting through the beginning of the book. I really did not experience this, but I wanted to put it out there that you should FORCE yourself to get through the first 100 pages. It will be worth it. If you this task is too much for you but you do it anyway (because I told you to and you always do as I say) and are NOT satisfied, I'll gladly take the book off your hands. For free. And display it on my own shelves where it can feel the necessary love and affection it deserves.

Oh and since most books seem to leave wishing that I live in another world, time period, etc, etc. You should know this one did not. I wanted to clarify. When you read the book you'll know why clarification was required. Happy reading and good day.

4 comments:

  1. I first need to force myself to get the book. It is at the library I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. The library..... I've been thinking of moving in there. Maybe just for one night at a time. I'll bring my Tito's, read a whole book, and review it all liquored up at 4 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I couldn't do it. I will take your advice and try again. I really loved the movie (although, my god it was graphic!) but I love books even more than movies so I guess it will be worth it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should! I am going to have to read it again just to see what the hangup in the beginning is. I almost feel like I missed something by not being bored in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete